This is a very quick and easy homemade pizza recipe. There are two great things about this recipe other than the INCREDIBLE taste:
1) It is nutrient dense, full of healthy protein and fat yet devoid of grains and sugar
2) It takes 20 minutes to make (not including the baking time) and any busy momma or full time working super woman has the time to do it!
This recipe will make 2 medium sized pizzas!
Almond Flour Crust
2 cups blanched almond flour (I prefer Honeyville)
1 tsp. of each: garlic powder, oregano, thyme and herbs de provence
1 tsp. sea salt
2 pastured organic eggs
1 TBL organic cold pressed olive oil
1 cup raw cows milk parmesan(optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350°F
2) In large bowl, mix together flour, herbs, and salt
3) In small bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese and olive oil
4) Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, stir to combine.
5) Collect dough together into a ball.
6) Place a piece of parchment paper on counter and put dough in center. Place another sheet of parchment paper over and roll dough out to desired thickness
7) Remove top sheet of paper and move parchment paper with dough onto a baking sheet
8) Bake crust for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Hain Safflower as there are no bad oils or hydrogenated oils present)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 TBL freshly chopped garlic
1 tsp dried basil
24 oz of organic tomato sauce (I use Bionature Organic)
1) Combine all ingredients in a blender to combine well and spread with a pastry brush onto the pre-cooked pizza dough.
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 cup of kalamata olives (pitted and sliced in half)
2 cups of fresh spinach
1 lb of crimini mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 cup of fresh basil, finley chopped
1 cup of mozzarella, grated
1 cup of raw cheese, grated
1) Melt 2 TBL organic cultured butter in skillet and add onions
2) Cook onions slowly, stirring occasionally and adding more butter as necessary
3) Add 1 tsp raw honey and continue cooking slowly until brown and caramelized, approximately 15 minutes
4) Sprinkle mozzarella on dough and then add toppings in order desired
5) Top with raw cheddar
6) Put back in oven until cheese is melted about 10 minutes
*For those who have a smoker/grill such as a Traeger, throw the pizza on the Traeger at 400 for 10 minutes and it gives it the most wonderful flavor!