I used to get very anxious about packing my kid’s school lunch. I was so concerned with making them healthy, but I also wanted to make sure my kids would actually eat it and that they wouldn’t get made fun of for their “healthy lunch.” Plus. there’s all of this pressure to be “creative” so they don’t get bored with same lunch day after day after day!
So, here are some tips that have helped me:
- Meal prep at the beginning of the week. For example, I bake a loaf of homemade sourdough and cut up all of our raw veggies to make it easy to put in bags for lunch.
- Include your kids in the “school lunch making” process. I even have my kids helps with the produce shopping because if they help buy and make it, then they’re more likely to eat it.
- Make extra for dinner because it’s perfect for lunch leftovers!
- Have a stocked pantry with your kid’s favorite healthy snacks. You’ll see some of our favorites below.
- Check out these tips on how you can make an easy, inexpensive and healthy school lunch.
- Have the right lunch accessories and tools to make packing a lunch easy. Here are my suggestions.
Now, to help you keep the “creativity” flowing, here are 11 gluten-free school lunch meals that I’ve packed for my kids:
Finally, here’s a “sandwich” that’s super simple and my kids love:
Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Make sure you purchase mayonnaise that doesn’t have any canola or soy bean oil in it. Sunflower oil is a better option.
- Organic butter leaf lettuce
- Organic mustard
- Organic mayonnaise
- Organic turkey breast
- Raw cheddar cheese
- I layer the wrap in the following order: lettuce, mustard/mayo, turkey and cheese
- Roll it and insert it a reusable bag.
Please Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, there’s no additional charge to you, and I will receive a small commission from the company. This helps to cover the basic costs of this website and allows me to continue providing you with free content. Thanks so much for your support!
Leave a Comment