Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Yield 4 servings
- 4 large organic sweet potatoes
- 6 TBSP grass-fed butter
- 2 large avocados, cut into chunks
- 1/2 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large bunch organic broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb raw organic cheddar, shredded
- 6 TBSP cultured, organic sour cream
- 1 lb pastured, organic pork bacon, fried and broken into pieces (reserve the bacon grease)
- Preheat oven to 375° F, scrub sweet potatoes and prick holes all over the skin.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 45 minutes or until skin begins to separate from flesh and the potato feels soft.
- When potatoes are done, slice lengthwise. Add 2 TBSP butter to each potato.
- Fill each potato with toppings, as desired.
Recipe by Season Johnson at https://www.seasonjohnson.com/bacon-stuffed-sweet-potatoes-fried-green-tomatoes/