Fried Green Tomatoes
Many of us have unripened tomatoes on the vine, but now that the weather has changed, we likely won't see them turn a beautiful deep red. So, here's a wonderful way to still enjoy the bounty of your garden in the final weeks of the season.
- Combine almond flour, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan and garlic powder until mixed well.
- Slice tomatoes into rounds and dip each tomato in the almond flour mixture, making sure to coat each side well.
- Heat up reserved bacon grease. Place tomatoes in frying pan.
- Fry until tomato is crispy and browning, then flip and repeat.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
Recipe by Season Johnson at https://www.seasonjohnson.com/bacon-stuffed-sweet-potatoes-fried-green-tomatoes/