Butternut Squash & Bacon Stew
Yield 4 + Leftovers
- Slice the butternut squash in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Peel the skin off of each side. Then, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Melt butter in a large pot. Then, add the garlic and squash.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes on medium low, stirring frequently.
- Add the bacon and ground chicken. Continue cooking on medium for another 10 minutes until chicken is browned.
- Pour in the broth, kale and add the spices. Cook on medium low for 1 hour.
- 10 minutes before the stew is done, add the raw cream or coconut milk.
- Garnish with avocado and serve.
Recipe by Season Johnson at https://www.seasonjohnson.com/butternut-squash-bacon-stew/