Prior to my son’s, diagnosis, I hadn’t ever used essential oils, and even in my private practice as a holistic nutritionist, I rarely recommended them. The reason was simple…I didn’t know what they were, how to use them or even if they had any medicinal benefits.
However, when Kicker, my son, was diagnosed with Leukemia, things shifted! I was willing to do anything and everything I could to help him get better.
So, fast forward to December 2013, me sitting in a cold and sterile hospital room with my precious baby boy who was fighting for his life and my sister rushing to the hospital with a diffuser and a bag full of the most divine smelling bottles. She immediately plugged in the diffuser and began diffusing essential oils.
I really had no idea what was happening, but not only did the entire hospital staff begin flocking to our room, curious as to what the incredible aroma was, but for the next 3.5 weeks during our hospital stay, our room became the new “nurse’s station” because they found the aroma to be refreshing, uplifting and comforting.
After about 3 months into Kicker’s diagnosis, I decided that it was time to begin researching more into the science behind essential oils, how the they worked and why they were so therapeutic. And as it turns out, essential oils are a whole lot more than “refreshing, uplifting and comforting.”
Now…let me pause for a moment and “preface” a few things…
During my son’s diagnosis, he truly beat the odds! The doctor’s couldn’t believe how healthy he was, and they would often comment about how “lucky” he was to be doing so well during his chemotherapy treatment protocol.
As we left the hospital at the end of our initial diagnosis and 3 week hospital stay, we were told we should expect to be back at least 10 times during the next 3.5 years of his treatment due to viral or bacterial infections! The bad news continued…Each hospital stay would likely be 10 days with an IV dose of antibiotics. Wait, what?! I didn’t want to live at a hospital and his little body was already getting assaulted enough, IV antibiotics would suppress his system even more!
Guess what? Kicker was never been hospitalized for ANY illness or infection in 3.5 years. He never even needed a blood or platelet transfusion! While we praise God for the blessing of this, we also recognize there were things we did to help keep his little body healthy and thriving, and using essential oils both preventively and reactively played a huge role!
So, you might be wondering what exactly is an essential oil?
An essential oil is derived from an aromatic plant. In fact, by using a careful steam distillation process, the oil is actually 50-70% more powerful than its dried counterpart. In fact, 1 drop of Peppermint Essential Oil is equivalent to drinking 28 cups of Peppermint tea!
There are also hundreds of published studies about their effectiveness on human health, but basically, essential oils have hundreds of different compounds in them and each compound can have a different benefit.
For example, Peppermint Essential Oil supports an upset stomach, tension aches and even increases alertness. So, when trying to address one of those health concerns, a person might apply the oil topically, particularly on the bottoms of their feet. Then, the oil penetrates the skin and enters the bloodstream within 28 seconds, and because the foot has the largest pores and the blood flows upwards toward the heart, it makes for an even more effective application and faster support.
Next, let’s address the role essential oils play.
We each have trillions of cells in our body, and each one is a tiny motor that keeps us alive and thriving. Each cell also has a cell membrane, which acts as the protective layer to the mitochondria…or the inside of the cell.
It is also important to mention that all virus’s live on the inside of a cell and all bacteria and fungi live on the outside of the cell. And in order to penetrate any cell membrane, which is composed of fat, the body needs a fat soluble source.
So, here’s the exciting part…
Essential oils are lipids! They are fat! This means that they can penetrate any cell membrane to help maintain the integrity of our immune system!
And this science right here is what made me a believer and confirmed that using essential oils is incredibly effective and beneficial to maintain health! Therefore, we apply:
- OnGuard, Lemon, Tea Tree, Oregano and Frankincense Essential Oils on all of us every night. These oils have incredible immune benefits. In fact, OnGuard is so high in antioxidants that it makes blueberries look like a Snicker’s Bar.
- Frankincense, Sandalwood, Lemongrass and Myrrh Essential Oils on all of us every night. These oils support healthy cell growth and cellular function.
As a family, we are so incredibly thankful for the blessing that these essential oils have been to us…in more ways that you can imagine!
I also know that there are many opinions and perspectives “out there”, but I hope that this research I did during a very crucial and pivotal time in our lives will help you to feel empowered to begin implementing these natural solutions into your life.
But…if you feel the need to learn more about how to use these oils, especially when going through a difficult health crisis, I encourage you to listen to his webinar. It’s a FREE class where I share more helpful information about beginning to use essential oils!
And if you are ready to begin implementing essential oils into your life, then keep reading!
Here are my TOP 10 favorite essential oils and the benefits they offer!
- DigestZen – Digestive distress, colon support, upset stomach, supports healthy acidity in the stomach.
- Tea Tree – Supports healthy skin, increases moisture in dry skin and dry scalp, supports a healthy mouth.
- OnGuard – Provides immune support, supports healthy cell function, improves energy and gut health.
- Deep Blue – Connective tissue and muscle discomfort, soreness, tension, or helps support the feelings of discomfort as a child grows.
- Breathe – Respiratory support, gives aid in clearing out the lungs and chest, and helps increase oxygen to the lungs.
- Lavender – Helps with relaxation, contributes to healthy sleep patterns, supports healthy skin and helps the mitigate the symptoms caused by environmental irritants!
- Peppermint – Helps with environmental sensitivities, itching, supports healthy digestion, increase focus and alertness, helps with discomfort, reduces body temperature.
- Lemon – Helps remove toxins from the body, supports healthy immune system function, helps improve mood.
- Frankincense – The ‘Godfather’ of all essential oils! Supports healthy cell growth and unhealthy cell removal.
- Oregano – Very high in antioxidant properties and helpful at supporting someone when they are feeling under the weather.
How can you get these amazing essential oils…in the most affordable way?
Great news…all 10 of my favorite oils come in most of the starter kits!!
This means that when you create a wholesale account by purchasing a starter kit, the $35 membership fee is waved! A wholesale account is similar to Costco. Customers shop as often or as infrequent as they would like without any penalties or requirements!
Also, as wholesale customer, you will have…
- Access to our incredible support system! This means you can be a part of our private Telegram group, where you will receive ongoing ideas and suggestions of how to practically use the oils and constant access to having your questions answered.
- Access to a weekly Q&A zoom. We will address your specific health challenges, goals and the best way to begin using your oils.
- The option of participating in the Loyalty Rewards Program. This means that you can accumulate points for every dollar spent, and those points are redeemed for free essential oils!
So…are you ready to become a wholesale customer? If so, then…
- Click Here.
- Choose the kit of your choice. (My personal favorite is the “Home Essentials Kit” pictured above!)
- Complete the “application” instructions!
- That’s it! I will be in touch with you soon via email and text to help you get started!
Now, excuse me…I’m going to go and apply some Lavender Essential Oil for a lovely night’s sleep!
Please Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, there’s no additional charge to you, and I will receive a small commission from the company. This helps to cover the basic costs of this website and allows me to continue providing you with free content. Thanks so much for your support!