Honey Pepper Beef Jerky
- 2 lbs grass-fed round top or any other inexpensive cut of grass-fed meat
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 TBSP freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Ask your butcher to slice the roast for jerky meat (thinly sliced lengthwise)
- Place meat in a large stainless steel or glass container with a lid.
- Melt honey over low heat and add pepper and garlic powder. Mix well and pour over the meat.
- Marinate in fridge for 6-24 hours.
- Place in dehydrator and follow the jerky specific instructions for time and temperature. If you do not have a dehydrator, use the oven on the lowest setting and check every 30 minutes to ensure it is not overcooked.
- Store in fridge.
Recipe by Season Johnson at https://www.seasonjohnson.com/homemade-beef-jerky/