Coconut Milk Recipe
Yields: Approximately 4 cups
- Heat water to a simmer, not boiling. It should be hot, but not scalding.
- Put coconut in blender and add water.
- Blend on medium for about 5 minutes. For the last minute, turn to the highest speed.
- Pour liquid through a mesh colander to get most of the coconut out. Let it strain for approximately 10 minutes. You can also squeeze through a towel or several layers of cheesecloth to strain further.
- Drink immediately or store in the fridge. It should last for about a week and because there are no preservatives or fillers, the “cream” of the coconut milk may separate on the top if stored in the fridge. Just shake or stir before using.
Note: If interested in learning how to make coconut flour from the pulp, click here.
Recipe by Season Johnson at https://www.seasonjohnson.com/how-to-make-coconut-milk/