I have an extremely special guest on the podcast today…my sweet 13-year old daughter, Selah!
I asked her to join me because as a “Super Sibling”…or a sibling of someone who had cancer…I wanted her to share her experiences while her brother, Kicker, went through 3.5 years of treatment. I pray that this is helpful to the families listening today, and even though I knew a lot of her responses, there were still a couple of things that really surprised me!
Here’s what you can expect to hear…
- What Selah remembers the most about her brother’s cancer journey.
- How it felt watching her brother lose his hair.
- The hardest parts of being the big sister of a little brother who was sick.
- How she felt about not getting as much attention as her brother.
- My encouragement to remember to do special things with the healthy sibling.
- Why we included Selah in some of Kicker’s protocols.
- Selah’s suggestions to my husband and I about what we could have done to help her feel more included.
- The amazing lesson she learned from Kicker’s cancer…that I pray she never forgets!
- The importance of living in the moment.
- Some observations about how Selah remembers moments versus how I personally remember them.
- Our encouragement on what type of friends to have alongside you during the cancer journey!
- Selah’s priceless advice for other super siblings!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download