I can’t tell you how many questions I receive from my cancer clients around the topic of exercise. There seems to be a popular belief that exercise shouldn’t happen while going through treatment, and I want to present the other side…the amazing, research-proven benefits!
There are countless studies showing how it IS safe, super important, and can positively impact your health while going through treatment, as well as in preventing cancer…and I want to discuss it all today!
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll learn:
- Why it’s important to still think of “prevention” while undergoing active treatment.
- The specific physical activity recommendations per day and week for most people.
- Why it’s important to do something enjoyable.
- 5 benefits of exercise during cancer treatment.
- How movement affects mood and mindset.
- The relationship between fatigue and exercise.
- Why exercise can combat muscle degeneration and osteoporosis.
- The #1 side effect of chemotherapy!
- A caution about exercising.
- One of the biggest threats to hormones and what you can do to manage healthy levels.
- The astonishing statistics on the rate of cancer in people that are physically active vs. the least physically active people.
- Practical tips on how you can make movement a priority in the midst of a busy lifestyle.
- 2 resources that I love!