Graham Crust Ingredients:
Chocolate Pudding Ingredients:
Crunchy Layer Ingredients:
Graham Crust Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease pie pan or spring form pan with butter.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, whisk wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix.
- Oil your fingers and press the dough firmly to bottom of your pan.
- Bake 12 mins. Let cool completely.
Chocolate Pudding Instructions:
- Shake coconut cream in the can to mix well before opening.
- Open the can and pour 1/4 cup of cream into a separate bowl. Pour the remaining cream into a sauce pan.
- Add gelatin to the 1/4 cup portion of coconut cream and stir together. Set aside.
- Bring coconut cream in sauce pan to light simmer.
- Sift cocoa powder into simmering pot. Stir. Add maple syrup into simmering pot. Stir.
- Bring mixture in pot to a light boil and remove from heat. Let cool for 5 mins and then add to your gelatin mixture. Pour into graham crust.
- Chill for at least four hours.
- Note: You can double this for more filling. However, don’t overdo the maple syrup. You want this S’mores layer to be more bitter chocolate because the marshmallows/crunch layer is sweeter.
- After the pie is completely cool, add a thin layer of nut butter.
Crunchy Layer Instructions:
- Using a blender/Nutribullet, rough chop nuts and chocolate chips. Do NOT blend too long…it will turn into nut butter!
- Sprinkle on top of nut butter spread.
- Chill in fridge.
- Follow the instructions/recipe listed on The Urban Poser to make homemade marshmallows.
- Then, move oven rack to the second highest and turn oven setting to Broil.
- Sprinkle prepared marshmallows on top of pie.
- Place the pie in the oven and check every minute to make sure not to burn the marshmallows! I also flipped the marshmallows to toast both sides.
- Note: The heat from above will melt the nut butter and chocolate. So, if you want a more “put together” or chilled pie, roast the marshmallows separately and then place on top.
Recipe by Season Johnson at https://www.seasonjohnson.com/smores-pie/