Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp. ghee
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup basil leaves, fresh
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Then, pound each breast out flat, about 1⁄4 inches thick.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Then, melt 2 tbsp ghee over medium-high heat and sauté the onions and
mushrooms for 8-10 minutes until soft Remove from heat.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp of ghee over medium heat and add crushed garlic. Sauté lightly.
- Place 2 large basil leaves on top of the flat chicken breast. Then, layer with onions and mushrooms.
- Roll up breast to close. Be careful to keep filling inside and secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat with all the breasts and place in an oven safe dish.
- Pour garlic/ghee sauce over the breast and bake for 40 minutes.
Recipe by Season Johnson at https://www.seasonjohnson.com/stuffed-chicken-breast-with-green-beans/