Bacon Egg Cups Recipe
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil
- 8 pieces turkey bacon
- 8 eggs
- Avocado, sliced, optional
- Raw cheese, shredded, optional
- Heat iron skillet over medium high heat and melt 2 tsp. of ghee.
- Add mushrooms and onions and sauté́ until tender.
- Rub the inside of the cups of a muffin pan with the coconut oil.
- Line each muffin cup with one piece of bacon.
- If using avocado, add a slice of avocado on top of the bacon.
- Spoon about a spoonful’s worth of the mushroom/onion mixture on top of the bacon (or avocado).
- Crack an egg on top of each muffin cup.
- If using cheese, sprinkle it on top of the egg.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
Recipe by Season Johnson at https://www.seasonjohnson.com/the-truth-about-cholesterol-bacon-egg-cups-recipe/