Vegan Mac ‘N Cheese Casserole
- 2 cups of Brown Rice Noodles, preferably macaroni noodles
Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil, add a dash of sea salt.
- Put macaroni in pot and boil for 5-7 minutes or until tender. (While macaroni is cooking, prepare the ‘cheese’ sauce.)
- Drain macaroni in mesh strainer and rinse with cold water.
Cheese Sauce Instructions:
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender (I prefer Vitamix) and blend until smooth.
- Please Note: The sauce will be watery, which is ok as it will improve its consistency once it's cooked in the oven.
- Place the cooked macaroni noodles in a 13x11 baking dish and pour the sauce over it.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes.
- Please Note: Because we love butter, I also add about 4 TBL of organic unsalted butter, cut up into chunks, on the top of the casserole before baking!
Recipe by Season Johnson at https://www.seasonjohnson.com/vegan-mac-n-cheese-casserole/