Did you know that a person’s brain is at its optimal time to learn and be most creative in the first part of the morning when they have just woken up? Unfortunately, statistics also show that the majority of people start their morning off checking their phone, which immediately inhibits the mind’s ability to be used at max capacity.
I have also read and heard how some of the most successful people in the world start their mornings in undistracted and uninterrupted personal development.
So, after hearing all of this, I knew that it was time to make a shift, and about a year ago, I implemented my “Morning Power Hour.”
Now, I recognize that not everyone has an hour to devote to their morning routine…and that is totally fine! However, I do challenge you to take 15 minutes, at the very least, to work on YOU when you first wake up.
Don’t touch your phone.
Don’t look at your computer.
Read a book.
Listen to podcast.
Do some journaling.
Or sit quietly in a time of prayer.
But just remember, do the best you can with what you have because it is also important to give yourself grace. Some seasons of life are more challenging and some seasons are easier, particularly when committing to a morning routine. So, do what you can with what you have!
To help, here’s a glimpse into my morning routine.
- Wake up call at 5:44am…every morning!
- I listen to a podcast of a sermon from Stirring Church.
- Detox Time: Coffee Enema, which is the most effective way to detox the liver, support your hormones, and get glowing skin.
- Then, I go to my closet, get on my knees and spend time in prayer. I set a timer because it is a struggle for me to stay in quiet, uninterrupted prayer. I started months ago with just 5 minutes and am now at 10 minutes. I can’t wait to be at 30 minutes!
- I head downstairs to enjoy a glass of fresh lemon water.
- Next, I take my probiotic and minerals…always first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach.
- I then fill my diffuser with some essential oils. Recently, Anchor has been my favorite choice.
- Next, I read through 3 chapters of the Bible. Right now, I am reading 1 Corinthians. Then, I read a section from a devotional, which currently is Ann Voskamp’s, One Thousand Gifts.
- By now, it is usually around 7am, and I am about to wake up the kids. However, I first prepare our daily supplements.
- Then, the kids are awake and Josh is home from the gym. So, breakfast is served. This typically involves organic, pasture raised eggs cooked in ghee or butter, topped with micro greens and nutritional yeast and either served with some avocado, fermented sourdough or organic bacon.
- And finally, it’s time for my morning workout at home! Right now, my favorite home workout program is BodyBoss and live online fitness classes from V Fit.
What are some of the ways that you start your morning on the right foot? I would love to hear your ideas, so please share in the comments!
Please Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, there’s no additional charge to you, and I will receive a small commission from the company. This helps to cover the basic costs of this website and allows me to continue providing you with free content. Thanks so much for your support!
This is so valuable! Thank, Season!
Oh, I’m so glad! Thanks 🙂
Love your articles. Full of great information. My husband is currently on a chemo drug and has been for the last 2 years. I would like to begin some of these detoxes for him. I would like to know what kind of juicer do you have?
Thanks so much!
Thanks so much for your kind words, Corina! A Hurom is best, but we use a Jack Lalanne Juicer, and it works great too.
I am loving my moring “me” time. I cant believe that waking up earlier has actually contributed to me feeling more positive and having more energy. My family and coworkers have noticed a difference as well.
YES!!! Love this! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
I’m curious about your supplements. I recognize the LLV. What are the other ones and what are they for? 🙂
Hi Jennifer – If you will click on the link for “daily supplements,” you can watch a video going over all of the supplements we use on a regular basis. Thanks!
Thanks for sending out great information that is not only real but so encouraging. I was wondering about starting a probiotic, but I am on synthroid. I am working at doing what I can to heal my body. Would I be able to take the synthroid and then the probiotic or should I wait for a certain amount of time?
Hi Diana – Thanks so much for your kind words and am glad that you are finding the information helpful! I would actually recommend that you consult your physician, but you could also start with a good probiotic first. Hope that helps.
Hi Season, this sounds amazing. I almost always wake up after my kids because I’m so darn tired and I wake up feeling rushed because I don’t get any alone time til mid afternoon. I’m afraid though that if I wake up earlier my kids will just want to join me since they’re already awake. Any tips?
Hi Kassia – I actually think that it’s really important to also teach kids the importance of creating a morning routine for themselves, so maybe you could take this as an opportunity to do that too. This could include their own reading, listening to their own podcast or journaling, etc. I hope this helps!