I’m extremely picky about salad dressing and always end up making my own! However, my husband loves Ranch Salad Dressing. In fact, he would drink it as a beverage if had his way.
So, as I began to shop around, I couldn’t find a single brand or dry mix that didn’t have 100% real food ingredients. This led me to creating my own recipe…and something I felt comfortable allowing him to consume in mass quantities.
This recipe was the result, and it turned out incredibly delicious…so much that I may or may not have seen him sneak sips directly out of the jar!
Healthy, Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 TBSP fresh chives
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 white onion (red works too)
- pinch of white pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup may (homemade or Hain Safflower Mayonnaise)
- 4 TBSP plain whole milk yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor.
- If you keep it in a sealed container in the fridge, it will last over a week.