As we begin a new year, here’s a challenge…
…take an hour to sit down, turn off all your notifications on your phone, quiet your distractions and grab your favorite beverage. Then, grab a pen and notepad and write down what you’re thankful for in 2018.
I know this may be hard if 2018 was filled with trials, heartache and tragedy, but you’re here today, right? You were carried into 2019, and there’s breath in your lungs!
So, if you begin 2019 practicing gratitude (the best way to strengthen the gratitude muscle is counting your blessings), then you’re going to posture yourself to be able to step into 2019 with purpose, expectation and a plan.
I’ve been known to make…and break…a few resolutions every year, and apparently, I’m not alone because studies show over 80% of resolutions are broken before the end of February.
So, rather than putting this unnecessary pressure on yourself to participate in this trend of making and breaking resolutions, why don’t you do this instead:
- Look at the areas in your life that you would like to improve in.
- Think about the things you want to let go of.
- Make a list of the people you desire to serve.
This changes your focus to making a plan for improving your life…versus just setting 1-2 goals that you may or may not follow through on.
As I began journaling and praying through my own blessings of 2018, as well as, listing out the areas I want to improve and grow in 2019, my sweet friend Ange Peters, founder of HOL:FIT, announced the creation of her new online program, The Beautiful Life Lab.
Honestly, the timing was perfect, and I immediately knew that this brilliant woman wouldn’t disappoint with the content she created. So, I dug in.
This is also why I asked Ange to be my first guest on the blog in 2019 because she not only inspired me to create a SUSTAINABLE beautiful life, but she has locked arms with thousands of others and inspired them through health, wellness, entrepreneurship and leadership.
So, grab your note pad because there’s a lot of juicy goodness below!
Doesn’t that quote above just get right to the heart of it?
I’ve always had a curiosity about our potential … what we think is possible and what is actually possible. I mean we have never lived in a time with as much opportunity as there is today, and with that there are new challenges have come with it.
We live in a time of great distraction, noise, comparison and busyness.
And every year, we find ourselves in this pressure cooker the last week of a year, to set these big goals for the next year.
I have spent the majority of my adult life studying health, obtaining certifications, coaching hundreds of women 1:1 and thousands through group coaching models. And about 5 years ago, I realized there was a deeper issue that needed to be addressed to support our vitality.
And it’s the ability to take ownership of our life, manage our time and live unapologetically true to our purpose. Without this in place at the core, I learned that most goals – whether it be health, relationship or financial, would fall flat.
So, my attention turned towards the principles of self leadership, productivity and focus, and I spent years developing my own systems to protect my time + boundaries as my brand and businesses went through massive scale ups.
And this year, I brought this all to life through my new program, The Beautiful Life Lab.
In it, I teach:
- practical ways to clear the noise + distractions
- how to automate systems to bring out our best
- and how to cast our vision for the upcoming year from a place of clarity + power.
The method goes something like this:
(PS – I highly recommend you do this with a cup of my Supercharge Cacao recipe in hand. 😘)
- REFLECT on the story of this last year: the challenges, the highlights, the growth, the focus. Everything that took place was growth in some form – seek to understand what it was for.
- CLEANSE: create space before you create anything else. Where can you optimize things you are doing by either automating, delegating or eliminating? Once you have freed up space in your life and reduced the noise, you are in a state of power + clarity to create new goals!
- Set clear, micro GOALS: The key to setting a goal for anything is to make it time-bound, measurable and written. The vast majority of people who make goals fail to give themselves a deadline, and they fail to write them down. And make the goal small enough that it’s doable but big enough that it will stretch you. When you write your goals – write them in present tense. “I am a 6 figure earner.”
- VISION BOARD IT: Create a collage of powerful images that evoke an emotional connection to your dreams. Your Vision Board instructs what you assign as goals each quarter which drill down further into weekly actions. Pinterest is a great tool for gathering images and you can use Canva to create a virtual vision board collage.
- RITUALIZE your day + your week to put you in a position to take consistent daily action. Once your clear on how you want your days to flow – use your preferred calendaring method to implement your weekly plan. Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally, but what you do consistently. Each week you will be prompted to write out 3 actions for each day. At least one of each daily action will be in working towards a quarterly goal.
- REVISIT your vision + goals before the start of every quarter and adjust, optimize, automate, delegate or eliminate going forward.
- BELIEVE you are WORTHY of the dreams you have in your heart. They have come to you because they are FOR YOU. And through you living your dreams, your impact on others will be amplified.
I provide you with fun + effective worksheets in the lab to guide you as you prep for the new year and to do weekly + quarterly check ins along the way:
We’d love for you to join us in the lab! You can find all the details right here.
To your beautiful life,
Ange Peters is the founder of HOL:FIT, a doTERRA Double Diamond leader, podcaster of HOL:FIT Talks and mom of 2 girls. As a holistic health + business strategist, she empowers women around the world to own their brilliance and to be a force for good through how they consciously live, love and lead.
- Web: www.hol-fit.com
- FB: www.facebook.com/holfit
- IG: www.instagram.com/hol_fit
- Podcast: bit.ly/holfittalks
- Beautiful Life Lab: www.hol-fit.com/beautifullifelabdetails/
Please Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, there’s no additional charge to you, and I will receive a small commission from the company. This helps to cover the basic costs of this website and allows me to continue providing you with free content. Thanks so much for your support!